1. Location: Los Angeles for the summer but usually Harvard Campus, Cambridge, Massachusets
2. How long you have endulged in methamphetamines: a few years
3. Preferred method of usage: oral ("parachuting", as its called). I prefer the slow onset (it's always a surprise to find out to what peak it builds, as opposed to instantly knowing how high you're going to get and then just going down from there, as with smoking, IV, or snorting). I also prefer that the peak and drop-off are not so jagged, and it keeps you going for a while. I like to start with 30-60mg oral (I'm talking about pure meth hydrochloride, assuming it hasn't been diluted with crap, or, worse than crap, crushed ritalin) and then I'll smoke or snort on top of that, as long as I'm ensured to have a "cushion" of meth when I come down fromt he smoked/snorted (because the oral is underneath and will keep you going and going and going). Smoother and longer-lasting.
4. Why you enjoy the drug (or, more specifically, what it does for your thought process): I enjoy almost every aspect of the drug (other than its viciously addictive nature). I talk about combining it with zen Buddhism on my profile page, and I'm also starting a speed harm-reduction and information website in which I'll cover various aspects of the drug (speedsmart.org, bought recently and coming soon). The drug allows me to hold multiple tracks of thought in mind at once (or at least it allows me t believe that's what I'm doing), it allows me to focus for a long time and it gives every thought I have a supreme relevance, currency, and importance that is truly beautiful if I'm taking notes, reading, writing. Not to say I don't love t go to tweaker parties and dance on speed, but what stands out most about it is the way it makes everything seem absolutely right and completely important. Even waiting for an elevator to come and pushing the elevator button takes on a kind of almost-religious significance while on speed. Life becomes Very Important and Very Interesting. (I'm writing this entry sober so my praises for the state aren't even drug-induced). I've used meth at zen temples in kyoto and nara, and it's given me the ability to concentrate on all my senses at once and be very very still - to reach that kind of 'being in the present' that buddhism espouses. the only thing that mattered was the present moment, and it was so rich, so full of all aspects of the universe: smells, sounds, colors. everything stood out and time seemed to stand still, every time. in memory, everything was twinkling gently and crystalline around the edges.
5. Favorite music to play whilst spun: tweaker music! gabber! trance! techno! electronic brainless pounding! music you can dance to for nine hours and get shin splints to and not care and just keep on going...